Absentee Voting Information
JUNE 14, 2022 ELECTION
SPECIAL ELECTION FOR THE SCHOOL BOARD, AND SCHOOL BOARD REFERENDUM.
THE FOLLOWING SEATS WILL BE VOTED ON:
- District 5- School Board
- At-Large- School Board
- As well as the School Budget Referendum
REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
There are three ways to request a ballot:
- You can request an absentee ballot online here.
- You can call the City Clerk's office M-F from 9:00am to 4:30pm at 207-874-8677.
- You can complete a June 14, 2022 absentee ballot application and submit it by
- Mailing it to: City Clerk's Office 389 Congress Street, Portland ME 04101
- Fax it to: 207-874-8612
- Email it to: email@example.com
IN-PERSON EARLY ABSENTEE VOTING
In-person absentee voting runs from May 17, 2022 through June 9, 2022 in the State of Maine Room, Second Floor of City Hall. Hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm. The public must enter from the Myrtle Street entrance, and masks are required. On June 9th only, the Clerk's Office will remain open until 7:00 PM. This is the last day to absentee vote, unless you have an allowed special circumstance.
*Special Circumstances Absentee Voting*
The deadline to request an absentee ballot without a reason for the June 2022 Special Election is the close of business on Thursday, June 9th, 2022.
After this deadline, voters may request an absentee ballot by completing and signing a Special Circumstances Application.
On the application the voter must indicate which of the four allowable reasons to request an absentee ballot after the deadline applies to them, as follows:
1. Unexpected absence from the municipality during the entire time the polls are open on Election Day; or
2. Physical Disability; or
3. Incapacity or illness that has resulted in the voter being unable to leave home or a treatment facility; or
4. Inability to travel to the polls if the voter is a resident of a coastal island ward or precinct.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk's Office 207-874-8677 or the Maine Division of Elections at 207-624-7650
RETURNING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
Ways to return your ballot:
- Mail your ballot back to City Hall 389 Congress Street
- Return to our 24-hour external drop box located at City Hall next to the Myrtle Street entrance.
Ballots are NOT to be returned to your polling location. Absentee ballots must be returned to City Hall by 8:00pm on election day to be processed and counted.
View it here