the information on this page is updated frequently. please check back often for updates.
- At the January 3, 2022 City Council meeting, the City Council voted unanimously to implement a mask mandate for the city of Portland. People (ages 2+) must wear masks when inside public places in Portland as of Wednesday, January 5. Businesses that require proof of vaccination to all on premises do not need to require masks be worn. Businesses must post "masks required" signs as of January 10. The City Council shall review this ordinance every 30 days. Read the full ordinance language. Read our Mask Mandate Frequently Asked Questions.
- Businesses in need of mask supplies can pick them up at City Hall on Thursday, January 6 from 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM and on Tuesday, January 11 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Window decals will be available during the January 11 distribution. On Wednesday, January 12, mask supplies and window decals will be available from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the City's Public Health offices at 39 Forest Avenue. No appointment necessary vaccines and boosters will also be available.
- An emergency order, passed by the City Council on August 2, 2021, is in effect until January 13, 2022 after being rescinded at the January 3 Council meeting. Beginning January 1, 2022, this emergency order will constitute an emergency proclamation, as defined in Chapter 33. Whenever an emergency order is in effect, the City of Portland minimum wage will be calculated at 1.5 times the regular minimum wage of $13.00 per hour for hourly employees or $6.50 per hour for tipped workers. For additional guidance or interpretation, please contact a private attorney.
- A new rapid PCR COVID-19 testing site is now open at the Portland International Jetport in Portland. Available to passengers and the general public, daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. Once the patient completes the test, the results are delivered efficiently and quickly to patients. No insurance necessary. Appointments are available at curative.com as well as additional information on all of Curative's offerings, including other testing sites in Maine and nationwide.
- The City Council passed a resolution on October 4, 2021 urging the adoption of precautionary measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes getting vaccinated and wearing masks when in public indoor places, among other measures.
City Council October 4, 2021 Resolution
Check Current County Status
- At the end of July, MaineHousing announced expanded eligibility for the ERA program, increasing both the potential number of Maine people who can receive help paying their rent and utilities and the number of months they may receive assistance. The following changes took effect at noon on Monday, August 2: Updating one of the eligibility requirements from having financial difficulty because of the pandemic to during the pandemic; and Increasing the total number of months a household can receive assistance from 15 months to 18 months.
- for covid-19 vaccination & testing info, visit staythecourse.me.
- starting may 10, Portland Public Health will be offering the COVID-19 vaccine at its 103 India Street location. the single dose Janssen vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is available. Please call 207-874-8982 to make an appointment.
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Maine - Find out all you need to know about getting the vaccine.
- CDC guidance regarding activities for those fully vaccinated.
Portland’s Public Health Division encourages all those who live, learn, work and play in Portland to complete the 2021 Community Health Improvement Survey. The deadline has been extended to September 3. Read on...
The City of Portland is thrilled to announce that the Barron Center, the City’s 219-bed long-term skilled rehabilitation facility, has earned a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Read on...
For the second consecutive summer, Portland Public Health's Tobacco Prevention team was proud to serve as a host site for Gateway to Opportunity (G2O), a summer program coordinated through Maine Youth Action Network (MYAN). Read on...