Do I need a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM)?
All eating establishments need at least one CFPM, except the following:

  • Bed and Breakfast establishments with 5 rooms or less;

  • Bed and Breakfast and lodging establishments that serve a continental
    breakfast consisting of non-potentially hazardous baked goods, whole fruit
    or fruit sliced for same- day service, cereal, milk, juice,
    portion-controlled cream cheese, portion-controlled peanut butter, and
    portion-controlled jam or jelly.

  • Temporary eating establishments that operate fewer than 14 days;

  • Establishments that serve or sell non-potentially hazardous pre-packaged

  • Establishments that prepare only non-potentially hazardous foods;

  • Establishments that heat only commercially processed potentially
    hazardous foods for hot holding. No cooling of potentially hazardous foods;

  • Sporting, recreational or bear camps operating 90 days or less and
    serving only their own residents;

  • Eating Establishments which pose minimal risk of causing or contributing
    to foodborne illness, based on the nature of the operation and the extent of
    food preparation.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM)?
2. Where can I take the Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) exam?
3. Where do I find the regulations for food service establishments?