Land Bank Commission
LAND BANK COMMISSION JUNE MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
NOTICE: THE LAND BANK COMMISSION WILL BE MEETING VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Land Bank Commission meets the third Tuesday of the month.
11:30AM - 1:00PM
Portland Land Bank Commission will conduct a virtual meeting using
emergency legislation approved by LD 2167; 1 M.R.S. §403A, that authorizes cities and towns to conduct meetings online. This meeting will be conducted remotely using Zoom.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,96886489329# or +13126266799,,96886489329#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 968 8648 9329
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ajzw9Mkyv
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
- Pat Bailey, Chair, At Large
- Simon Rucker, Secretary, District 1
- Steve Morgenstein, V. Chair, At Large
- Kara Wooldrik, At Large
- Andrew Butcher, Treasurer, District 2
- Jon Kachmar, At Large
- Jennifer Fox, At Large
- Mayor Kate Snyder @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Ethan Hipple, Deputy Director of Parks, Recreation & Facilities
- Doug Roncarati, Storm Water Program Coordinator, Public Works
- Michael Goldman, Associate Corporate Counsel
- Alli Carroll, Senior Administrative Officer @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
About the Commission
The Land Bank Commission is responsible for identifying and protecting open space resources within the City of Portland. The commission seeks to preserve a balance between development and conservation of open space important for wildlife, ecological, environmental, scenic, or outdoor recreational values.
The commission responsibilities include:
- Working for the acquisition and conservation of open space within the city
- Recommending to the City Council on a priority basis acquisition or conservation of significant properties
- Pursuit of gifts and funds from private and public sources for the acquisition of open space as approved by the City Council